- Editor's welcome »
- GEM Appeal celebrates 25 years of fundraising
- 175 Years of Co-Operation
- Flyer celebrates double CAMRA success
- Zen Internet named Best Broadband Provider for the 16th consecutive year
- Rochdale AFC Ladies go from strength to strength
- Interview with Carole Kelly
- Milnrow Band 150th anniversary
- The hidden history of Healey Dell
- Facing up to ageing
- KitAid ambassador Mary HD comes to Rochdale
- Password security
- Guys and Dolls leaves audience wanting more
- Hairdressing Trend - Bronde
- 40 years of Rochdale Music Society
- Avoid the queues and beat the winter health blues
- Ultimate guide to festive nails
- Buckley Menswear celebrates
- Filo pastry mince pies recipe
Winter 2019Editor's welcome
A warm welcome to Real Rochdale
A very warm welcome to our Winter 2019 edition of Real Rochdale.
This issue, learn all about the history of the co-operative movement, founded right here in Rochdale. Michelle Kight explores the 175 years of history since the Rochdale Pioneers set up shop.
Katie Davies met with two very inspirational women, Karen Johnson, of the GEM Appeal charity, and this year’s Woman of Rochdale, Carole Kelly, who founded the Jolly Josh charity. Both have been through heart-breaking situations which motivated them to make a difference for others in similar situations.
Independent retailer Buckley Menswear has been shortlisted for a prestigious industry award, local internet provider Zen has been named the Best Broadband Provider for the 16th consecutive year and the Flying Horse Hotel has beaten off the competition to be named as CAMRA’s Greater Manchester Pub of the Year for the second year running.
Milnrow Band celebrates an impressive 150 years as the Rochdale Music Society celebrates 40 years of hard work.
Discover the hidden history of the Healey Dell nature reserve and the best way to keep all your passwords safe and secure, plus a wonderful winter warmer favourite: homemade mince pies with brandy butter.
As always, thank you to our amazing sponsors, and we will see you again in Spring 2020.
122 Yorkshire Street